As some of you already know, DSBC has again committed to participating in this great event for 2009.
Many of you will recall the 'course' last year was snowy, slippery and immensely entertaining.
For 2009 we are responsible for everything 'inside the haybales'.
Tom, Ted & I have figured out the basic track layout that we want to follow, along with 5-6 unique 'features' (tests of skill / will).
Many of you have already volunteered with Judy (on the other thread) to assist with the booth. She's running the volunteer list for during show hours, and she'll allocate some volunteers to assisting with the Urban Enduro event. We can always use more help, so please PM Judy directly & she'll find something for you to do.
We need to know what sort of resources are available from DSBC members. Please consider the following:
- We need guys with carpentry skills to be on-site during set-up Thursday and/or Friday morning. Also for tear-down Sunday night / Monday morning.
- We will need labourers to move haybales, firewood, etc. during set-up & tear-down.
- We have sourced a forkliftfor the big stuff on-site, can anyone lend us a loader (& operator)?
- Our biggest problem right now is hauling (bulk bins, cars, lumber, timber, etc.) to and from the Tradex site. If you or someone that you can squeeze a favour out of has the ability to do some hauling the week of Jan 12th/19, and more importantly following tear-down the week of the 26th, please let us know ASAP.
- Lighting - anyone with access to strobes, floods, etc. that we could set out on the course to create a more exciting nighttime show? This is a real stretch, but if any of you are certified for flashboxes, pyrotech, etc. then please let me know!
This event is going to be very impressive and make y'all very proud of DualsportBC.
Tom & I need your help to make this happen!
Thanks, please PM Tom or I, or post here.