The 2009 Loose Screw ride is coming up quickly - let's hope for some rain so we don't end up with a back country ban. Cross your fingers.
Some important points:
Schedule of Events
- You will need a spark arrestor on your muffler. Check now, you still have time to get one.
- You will need a roll chart holder - get one now, you still have time. (http://www.mtrsports.com or http://www.gnarlyparts.cashould have them. Give them a call.)
- It will be hot, bring lots of water. I recommend some Gatorade in your Camelback. (Yes, a Camelback is a really good idea)
- Bikes must be licensed.
- Bikes must be quiet - 96dB maximum.
- You will need to go at least 150km before you see a gas station.
- There will be a prize draw for some awesome prizes, bring a few extra $$ and buy a ticket.
- There are few services on the site. There are toilets and a river. Bring what you need.
Sunday, Aug 16
Roll charts and routes will be posted. Keep an eye on the DSBC site for info.
Friday, Aug 21
Arrive at site any time you want.
5-8pm - There will be a caterer on site where you can buy a meal and beverage.
Saturday, Aug 22
6:00am - Coffee, fruit and muffins provided.
7:00am - Rider's Meeting for all riders.
7:30am - Off we go - ride all day.
Late afternoon- you get back, have a swim.
5:00pm - We'll have some snacks out
6:00pm or so - Steak dinner provided for you.
7:30pm - Door prizes
7:40pm - Main prize draw
Sunday, Aug 23
We're done with you. You're welcome to camp for a few more days if you want.
- 'A' route is a roll chart route. You will need to find your own gas and lunch in Chase.
- 'B' route is a roll chart route. You will get gas in Logan Lake. You can buy lunch from the caterer who will be at the gas station. We urge you to support the catereras they are helping us out by being there. The 'B' route is much longer than last year - fitness required !!
- 'B' route GPS option. We will post the track for you. Hopefully you know what you're doing with your GPS !!
- 'C1' route is a roll chart route. Suitable for all riders. You will need to find your own gas and lunch in Chase.
- 'C2' route is GPS only. It is long (275km) and hassomecross ditches but is a great ride. You will need to find your own gas and lunch in Chase or Scotch Creek. Thisis not a noob ride but is OK forany size of bike. I could drive my car on this route. (I think).