Manulife Securities - Brad Vickerson
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MITAS Tire News

DSBC Participating Member
    Prince George (icky), British Columbia, Canada
    Bike(s)
    CT90, DL650, Vulcan, DR350, Bandit
    Thanks there Dave sounds encouraging for sure.

Colin got back to me and the E10's are a wee bit less aggressive than the E09's and he said they would wear better. He suggested I get a pair of E07's Dakar (longer wear) and he's had some buddies that have done the Dempster on them and they have performed well.

But I found out that on Dec 21/12 Mitas had a recal on the E07's which included Canada, so I've sent a not to Colin to find out if any of his stock was affected.

See this web link for more info: http://www.mitas.eu/index.php?strank...azyk=usenglish

Bike(s)
    Husqvarna TE310 and TXC450
    Quote Originally Posted by scharfg View Post
    Thanks there Dave sounds encouraging for sure.

Colin got back to me and the E10's are a wee bit less aggressive than the E09's and he said they would wear better. He suggested I get a pair of E07's Dakar (longer wear) and he's had some buddies that have done the Dempster on them and they have performed well.

But I found out that on Dec 21/12 Mitas had a recal on the E07's which included Canada, so I've sent a not to Colin to find out if any of his stock was affected.

See this web link for more info: http://www.mitas.eu/index.php?strank...azyk=usenglish
    Here is the recall notice

Prague, 21 December 2012 – The Czech tyre producer Mitas is voluntarily recalling 1,752 tubeless E-07 motorcycle tyres from the market. These tyres were sold to customers mostly in Europe. The tyre sizes subject to recall are,

110/80-19 M/C 59T E-07 TL MI
    100/90-19 M/C 57T E-07 TL MI
    110/80-19 M/C 59T E-07 DAKAR TL MI

The recalled DOT range of 0111 through to 4812 contains tyres made from January 2011 (0111) to November 2012 (4812).

The list of countries affected by the recall: Australia, Austria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, Czech Republic, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, UK, Ukraine, USA and Venezuela.
    Tom Timmerman
    DSBC

DSBC Participating Member
    Prince George (icky), British Columbia, Canada
    Bike(s)
    CT90, DL650, Vulcan, DR350, Bandit
    Hey folks I received a reply from MX1 on the recall as it pertains to the supply they are selling and I've posted Heather's reply below:

Hi, as noted in their press release the recall affects only certain
    > sizes of the E-07 Dual Sport and E-07 Dakar front tires:
    >
    > 110/80-19 M/C 59T E-07 TL MI
    > 100/90-19 M/C 57T E-07 TL MI
    > 110/80-19 M/C 59T E-07 DAKAR TL MI
    >
    > Mitas issued a voluntary recall when they became aware that there may be an
    > issue with the tire losing pressure under certain conditions. We have sold
    > quite a few of the tires affected by the recall however we have not received
    > any reports from customers having an issue with this. Any customer who
    > purchased any of these tires made between the manufacture date mentioned in
    > the recall will receive a new tire. All of our customers have already been
    > notified, however I do not see your name on our list.
    >
    > We have been distributing Mitas tires for more than 10 years and this is the
    > first recall ever issued by Mitas.
    >
    > These tires are in production now and we expect to receive new stock by Feb.
    > 22/13.

Sounds like they are taking care of their customers interests.

I'll be ordering a set for my Wee when the new stock comes in.

I'm a DSBC sponsor. Please thank me with your business! MX1Canada's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by W RON View Post
    MX1Canada

Where is your shop? There are a lot of Dealers that will order in some tires, But I have not seen the Mitas Dual Sport tires. If you have them the 150 -17 For the big pig send me a PM.

Thanks Ron
    Hi Ron, sorry for the late reply,
    We do have a outlet warehouse in Richmond BC. We stock the tires here and distribute from this location. We have a small display in the front of our warehouse for customers that like to pick up orders or view products before purchasing.
    You can get location information and product info at our site mx1canada.com
    Cheers

I'm a DSBC sponsor. Please thank me with your business! MX1Canada's Avatar
    Hi, Yes all the EF-07 are DOT approved, this is a FIM tire used for on and off road competitions around the world. Tire appears to have lower knob height than most off road knobby tires, and therefore not so squirmy at higher hwy speed. I have had one on the back of my EXC530 and did over 3000km of pavement riding and can't believe how little ware there is to the tire. It uses Kevlar fibers mixed in the rubber compound and makes for a very long lasting tire. It's not as sticky as some of the C-18 and C-20 Mitas tires however ware factor is very good for a knobby DOT tire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12